Sunday, April 4, 2010

Different Masks



I watched 911 Mysteries today in a proper DVD format, and it never ceases to astonish me what really happened that day and the majority of people, or sheep, I prefer to call them - that still believe the official story of what happened on September 11. Besides 911 in Plane Site, it's probably the most intelligent and sophisticated documentary produced - I'm actually thinking about purchasing an 'Investigate 911' hoddie. This probably means I'll be shot in the street - but what the hey? J I've said enough inflammatory remarks in my life and writing to warrant that already. 

What really irks me about the whole scenario is that during the years, I've actually had friends that wouldn't speak to me anymore because I've stated there are too many unanswered questions, and a litany of improbable coincidences and physical implausibility's. Remember though, I was voicing these as early as 2003 when it wasn't very cool to do so. I'm just glad most of us have finally woken up - and what crimes (mostly at top levels) that as a species we're capable of. But enough of that.

On to books ... 

I don't think it's any secret I've kind of become infatuated with the DUNE novels over the last few years. Hell, it goes back a lot further than that but as I grow older and more consciousness of the structure of civilization, I'm eerily reminded of how much a mirror it is to our own earthen dominion; how through philosophical prose (Frank Herbert) and latter on a more simplistic one but (to me) equally entertaining format with his son and Kevin Anderson narrating, it forms a juxtaposition that reports on the human condition as if seeing through the eyes of God itself. (Notice I didn't use He. It's an utterly absurd notion that God would be a man, I think). What I've taken to doing , because I've already read through all of them , is reading snippets from whatever page that I open to at any given time. I know a myriad of scenes and situations, so nothing is a surprise to me, and I've found that by just skimming certain text nuggets of wisdom can be imprinted on my psyche like studying text from a Bible or Koran. Enlightenment eschews - and I feel as if I've just had a snort of clarity. Either that, or fine cocaine. J Am I weird for doing this? Perhaps. But I found through the advent of the internet many equally weird people and geeks out there with similar habits. I'm very much looking forward to The WINDS OF DUNE. Here's the covers below:






No comments:

Post a Comment