Sunday, April 4, 2010

Different Masks




Monday 4th May 2009

My muse showed up on Friday night, and it seems the tale of Davey Ribbon wants to be told properly. Needs to be told. I think I've just never felt mature enough to handle it's characters - it as, after all, my personal attempt at small town mythos; a homage to Stephen King and , although I don't know much about this from my own upbringing, it's something that I have to get out of my system.

All the major players have been introduced and established; the boogeyman that is the dead boy Davey Ribbon has implanted his subtle evil in the collective consciousness of an entire municipal population. The unnecessary chapters have been scrapped - which basically includes the last third of the entire tome. Lightning stutters and flickers in the distance with the coming darkness, and some kind malign face-off ensues -

Copious coffee has been prepared, and I've blown up the television. I just heard a bell ringing in the small town of Cyclone Cove. Seems schools out for another day and twin sisters Miriam and Charlotte are on their way home. But I'm sure they're going to wish they stayed at school. Because when they finally get home they'll find that their Mommy just isn't Mommy anymore. Because Mommy has changed. Mommy has become scary. Now, for the fun part … 

Note: Illustration on top drawn by Tom Tait for Davey Ribbon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment